Permits & Inspections

Neighborhood Services performs regular inspections on minor alterations and construction projects throughout the City of Manitou Springs. All projects requiring a Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD) Building Permit are required to obtain a Property Improvement Permit (PIP) through the City of Manitou Springs prior to going to the PPRBD.

 Almost all interior and exterior remodeling and construction projects in Manitou Springs require a permit before any work begins.

A loose mantra one can remember is, “If it requires a tool, it probably needs a PIP in Manitou Springs”.