Property Improvement Permit
The Planning Department encourages all applicants to review the Frequently Asked Questions section prior to filling out the Property Improvement Permit application to ensure all required information and documents are submitted with the application. If plans or construction material information are included or required as part of the application submittal, please attach PDF versions of the documents in the fields provided.
It is also important to know whether or not the work is being performed in one of the City's local historic districts as this may impact not only the requirements of the submittal but, potentially, the review process as well. Use the Historic Sub-Districts Map to determine whether or not a given property is located within one of the City's Local Historic Sub-Districts.
If you submit an application online, the Planning Department will contact you regarding payment, so it is important to include a phone number in which you may be reached.
Use Tax ID Number
The Use Tax ID Number needed to pull the Building Permit with Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD) is issued in conjunction with the Property Improvement Permit for the City of Manitou Springs. Each Use Tax ID Number is unique to each Property Improvement Permit, meaning there is one Use Tax ID for one Property Improvement Permit.
City Use Tax is paid through the Property Improvement Permit and is assessed based on 3.5% of the cost of materials, not including labor. For more information regarding Use Tax, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Determine what material and information is required for a successful Property Improvement Permit Application.
- Historic Sub-Districts Web Map: Determine whether the work to be performed is located in one of the local historic sub-districts.
- Property Improvement Permit Application: Online Application Submittal.
Submit an Application via Fax or Email
There are various ways in which an applicant may submit an application for a Property Improvement Permit and applicants are welcome to submit an application by email or facsimile. The following is important information regarding how to submit a Property Improvement Permit application by those methods:
- By Email: Property Improvement Permit applications may be sent to the Manitou Springs Planning Department email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not send the Credit Card Authorization Form through email. The City's email provider is not PCI compliant and the City would like to ensure the integrity and security of your financial information. If you submit an application by email, the Planning Department will contact you regarding payment using the phone number provided on the application.
- By Facsimile: Both Property Improvement Permit applications and Credit Card Authorization Forms may be submitted by facsimile to the Planning Department at the following fax number: (719)685-5233.
Submit an Application in Person
Property Improvement Permits applications may also be submitted in person to the City of Manitou Springs Planning Department at the following address:
City of Manitou Springs Planning Department
606 Manitou Avenue
Manitou Springs, CO 80829
A Property Improvement Permit and Use Tax ID Number will not be issued until payment has been received and processed by the City of Manitou Springs.
The City of Manitou Springs accepts payments in the form of cash, check, or credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover). Cash or check transactions will need to be performed in person, however, credit/debit card transactions may be performed in person, over the phone, or by facsimile.