Message to Contractors

A large portion of Manitou Springs is part of a Historic District. Any exterior work to any structure in the District may require prior approval. Before you make any changes to any structure in Manitou Springs (including siding, roofing, windows, doors, porches, an addition, etc.) please check with the Planning Department first.

Use TaxConstruction Workers Smoothing Concrete

Almost all work done in Manitou Springs requires Use Tax to be paid, which is 3.5% of the cost of the materials for the job. Construction that involves structural, electrical, plumbing or mechanical work will also require a permit from the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department.

Businesses are also required to pay Use Tax on all purchases made for business operations including, but not limited to Fixtures, Decor, Computers and Programs, Dishes, Linens, etc. Business Use Tax is generally submitted at the time of a new or renewed Business License Application, but may be filed monthly depending on the size and preference of the business. 

Once Use Tax has been figured on the Use Tax Form, payment can be remitted via mail by check or in person by check, cash, or credit card to the Finance Department.