**To the eligible applicants, please note mini-grants will not cover third party compensation(s) or salaries.
To be eligible for grant funding, applicants must:
- Be living or operating in the community of Manitou Springs.
- Provide all requested information regarding the project and an implementation plan.
- Present a budget reflecting all expected revenues and related expenses. Please use this budget template (XLS).
- Describe the specific items/purpose for which Parks and Recreation Advisory Board funds are being requested
**Note: The community grants opportunity is meant to cover project costs and is not meant to be a money-making opportunity for the applicant(s).
- Applications must be typed; handwritten applications cannot be accepted.
- A committee of representatives from PARAB will review all applications and determine which applicants will receive funding. Applicants will be notified of the decision and the availability of funding within two months of receiving the grant request.
- Activities or projects are intended to be completed and grant funds spent before the end of the year.
- Activities should appeal to a large audience. While all activities need not specifically be geared toward youth, the content should be family-friendly and age-friendly.
- Activities may be completely new events or part of an ongoing series. (For example, organizations that typically hold a free summer concert series would be eligible to apply to bring their concert to the park for one or more days within the grant period.)
- Preference will go to individuals or groups showing a collaborative effort with others in the community.
- Events should be free or at a very low cost.
- A wide variety of activities is encouraged, and selection will be based, in part, on the Board’s desire to provide a diverse mix of events on as many days/evenings as possible. Further, the Board encourages recreational and sports activities, as well as more non-traditional events such as outdoor film screenings, interpretive hikes for children and adults, interactive hands-on art projects, health and wellness activities, workshops, etc.
- Please note that funding of $1,000 is the maximum grant available and funding of that size would most likely be reserved for a large, hands-on project or festival-type event.
- Additional documentation may be requested in order to complete the application process and/or receive final approval of grant funding.