Evacuation Route Map
The Evacuation Route Map (PDF) should be utilized during your disaster preparedness. Note the City of Manitou Springs is divided into six evacuation zones. Each zone is color-coded. Locate your neighborhood on the map, know which evacuation zone your home or business is in, and note the evacuation route set for that zone. It is imperative to remember during flood evacuation, retreat to higher ground. Do not try to drive out of town in your vehicle; you could be trapped in your car, surrounded by rising water. Please evacuate on foot to higher ground.
Pikes Peak Region Preparedness Guide for Flash Flood and Debris Flow
Preparation is key to mitigating the dangers of flash flooding. View the flood preparedness guide (PDF) and read important information that will help you prepare for the upcoming rainy season.
Useful Safety Tips
- Know if you are in the floodplain. Find out if you are in the floodplain.
- Know your evacuation zone. Take a look at our Evacuation Route Map (PDF) and know where to go!
- Is your cell phone your primary phone? Be sure to register your cellphone to receive Emergency Notification System notices. Call El Paso County Enhanced 911 Authority at 719-785-1900, or register online.
- Get ideas on how to make an emergency plan and an emergency kit for your family, your work, and visitors. Visit READYColorado to help you formulate your emergency plans.
- Get educated! An excellent resource for flood information can be found on the FEMA webpage.
- Become familiar with the National Flood Insurance Program
For additional preparedness information and resources for all hazards please visit here.