Information Collected and How it is Used:
When the City website is visited, the City gathers and stores the following information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used. The IP address is a number assigned to your Internet service provider or to your computer. We use the IP to direct website content to you. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider.
- The web browser you used.
- The Operating system you used.
- The date and time you visited the website.
- The web pages or services you accessed at the website.
- The website you visited before coming to the City of Manitou Springs website.
This information is collected and analyzed by the City to improve the City's web content and services.
The City's website does not collect personal information unless the visitor voluntarily provides information by sending an e-mail, or completing an online form or application. This information may be stored in a database or sent to City employees via e-mail. We use the information collected to respond to your query or complete the service you have requested. We may also use information collected to improve our services. All information, including survey, e-mail information, or form data may be shared internally with other departments within the extent permitted by law. The information will not be distributed externally except as required by the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. § 24-72-204, et seq.
The City of Manitou Springs does not:
- Collect or sell information for commercial marketing;
- Provide personal information to private organizations; or
- Share any personal information with other agencies or persons.
Some City projects involve collaboration with other local or state government agencies. Voluntary personal information submitted to the City of Manitou Springs to express interest in or make comments about such projects may be shared with the other agencies involved.
E-mail Subscription Lists:
The City's website offers visitors the ability to subscribe to e-mail distribution lists. Visitors are free to unsubscribe should they not want to receive future communications from the City. A valid e-mail address must be provided when subscribing or unsubscribing from e-mail lists. All other personally identifiable information is optional. Email lists are kept private and are not disclosed in most situations under the Open Records Act.
Cookies are small text files generated by the web server and stored on the visitor's computer. Cookies can be read by the web server to determine if a particular web page has already been visited or when the visitor last accessed the website. An example would be for an online survey where a cookie could be used to tell the web server that a particular visitor has already completed the survey. Cookies do not contain personal information and are not used to mine data.
Security Information and Disclaimer:
The City of Manitou Springs uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including "firewalls" and encryption (Secure Socket Layer) technology. The City of Manitou Springs will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of all information submitted to it via its website, but shall not be held liable for any injury caused by the disclosure of that information, whether caused by security breach, accident, inadvertence or any other act resulting in disclosure.