City of Manitou Springs
The Manitou Springs Police Department typically gets some 3,000 call-outs a year. Most involve routine matters, such as citizen assists and complaints, but others may involve assaults, homicides, and illegal drug labs. The MSPD is a community-oriented policing agency that practices a proactive form of law enforcement, believing that preventing crime is a top priority.
The MSPD, comprising of a Chief, an Administrative Sergeant, 2 Patrol Sergeants, 13 Sworn Officers and 2 Civilians, serves 5,200 residents in a 3-square-mile area. But Manitou's population almost triples during the tourist season, which runs from late spring to early fall.
The Mission of the Manitou Springs Police Department is to build and maintain a sense of safety and a high quality of life through exemplary customer service.
The Manitou Springs Police Department envisions itself as a professional, well trained department guided by our values to make the City of Manitou Springs a safe and enjoyable place to live, work and visit.
We uphold the public’s trust and maintain the highest standards of ethical and moral character.
We endeavor to always be truthful, sincere and fair.
We treat everyone with appropriate courtesy, value, and dignity.
We strive to be helpful, to be thorough, and to excel in our duties.
- Records Request Form (PDF)
To request City records please fill out a records request form and email it to email@example.com. You may also mail the form to City Hall or drop it off in person.
- Online Crash Reporting Instructions (pdf)
- Living with Wildlife in Lion Country (pdf)
Bears become a common problem here during our summer months. You can minimize 'bear events' by keeping trash contained and put out only on trash days. If you do see a bear, keep your pets and children inside and don't approach it. Police will respond on bear calls if there aren't other calls pending.
Registered Sexual Offenders listTo learn the names and addresses of Registered Sexual Offenders in our area, simply ask for a copy of the list, in person, at the Manitou Springs Police Department. The list is public information and is yours free.
- In accordance with Colorado Revised Statutes 16-2.5-301. Peace officer-involved shooting investigations, the Manitou Springs Police Department has a Memorandum of Understanding in place with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office to investigate major cases at the request of the Police Chief. The established Memorandum of Understanding incorporates an Officer involved shooting.
- Jun 01, 2016 Historic Preservation Commission
- Jun 06, 2016 PARAB
- Jun 06, 2016 PARKS & RECREATIONS
- Jun 07, 2016 City Council Meeting
- Jun 08, 2016 Planning Commission Meeting
If you would like to file a complaint, please fill out an Officer Complaint Form and submit it to the Police Department.
- Officer Complaint Form
Bear Smart Manitou Springs
This is a citizen formed task force striving for the safe and respectful coexistance of people and bears. Please follow this link to learn more about the Bear Smart Manitou Springs Task Force.