What if you nestled a beautiful historic town in between the awe-inspiring Garden of the Gods Park and majestic Pikes Peak? What if you then surrounded it with attractions from the Air Force Academy to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo? What if it had a COG train that you could ride to the top of the world or a Cave of the Winds to explore its inner depths? What if it had a wonderful mix of shops and restaurants? What if you backed it all up with ample lodging ranging from quant B&Bs to the luxury of a four diamond hotel? You would have Manitou Springs and we are open for business!
If you are just starting out here's what you need to know: Starting a Business in Manitou Springs (pdf).
You need a Manitou Springs Business License if you are doing business in Manitou Springs for 7 or more days per calendar year or if your business is based in Manitou Springs.
- Business License Application (pdf)
- Business License Fees (pdf)
- Home Occupation Ordinance (pdf)
- Medical Marijuana Dispensary Ordinance (pdf)
- Mobile/Temporary/Transient Business (pdf)
- Affidavit (pdf) - Required for individuals opening a business who are not part of a corporation or LLC
Camping/Lodging taxes, Amusement/Excise taxes and Use taxes are remitted directly to the Manitou Springs Finance Department.
- Lodging/Camping Tax Reporting Form (pdf) - Camping/Lodging taxes are due on the 20th of each month following the period the revenue is generated. These taxes are remitted directly to the Manitou Springs Finance Department and late returns are subject to a 10% penalty plus interest.
- Excise/Amusement Tax Reporting Form (pdf)- Excise/Amusement taxes are due on the 20th of each month following the period the revenue is generated. These taxes are remitted directly to the Manitou Springs Finance Department and late returns are subject to a 10% penalty plus interest
- Use Tax Reporting Form (pdf) - Use tax is collected upon first opening a business and then upon each yearly renewal. 3.8% use tax is applied to items acquired for use by the business.
Sales tax is remitted to the Colorado Department of Revenue.
To obtain a sales tax number contact the Colorado Department of Revenue. You can apply for a tax number online or by going directly to one of their Division locations. It has been our experience that it takes longer (at least 6 weeks) when applying online. The Colorado Springs location is at 2447 N. Union Blvd and their hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Dec 10, 2013 City Council Worksession
- Dec 11, 2013 Metropolitan District
- Dec 17, 2013 City Council Meeting
- Jan 21, 2014 City Council Meeting
- Feb 18, 2014 City Council Meeting